[TowerTalk] Crimping LMR-600 connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crimping LMR-600 connectors
From: DMartin560@aol.com (DMartin560@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 17:20:18 EST
Hi Kevin,
You can buy the crimp tool from Tessco < tessco.com >.

Here's the description:
Manufacturer- Times Microwave
Model # -  HX4 W/DIES
Tessco SKU # -  21271
HX4 crimp tool for crimping connectors on LMR400 and LMR600 cables.  Includes
both dies.  Other dies available.

List price $520.00

GL
Dwayne  KG4ADM

<<
 The tower is up, the C-4XL built, and its time to raise the antenna.  My
 challenge now is I'm finding it more difficult to find a tool to crimp the
 compression sleeves on LMR-600 connectors than I had anticipated.  My
 company has tools for LMR-400 and I had incorrectly assumed that we had
 something that would work.  I have contacted several local radio
 communications companies, but haven't found anyone with a tool that will
 crimp the .610 (I believe) sleeve. The connector package says to use a .810
 hex crimp. Does anyone have any ideas on alternative tools that might do the
 trick?

 Thanks,
                 Kevin. >>

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,