[TowerTalk] New stuff from MFJ

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New stuff from MFJ
From: ag0n@arrl.net (ag0n@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 16:39:54 -0700
On Sun, 11 Nov 2001 23:11:28 -0000, Major Ron wrote:

> WHAT kind of batteries are you using in the 259B? I love mine, but after 4-6
> hrs of use the batteries need to be replaced. This has been a problem. I've
> considered buying shares of stock in a battery company.

Hopefully, you don't leave it on all that time???  !

Measure, turn it off.  Make a change, measure again, turn it off.  I've
only changed my batteries once in however many years they've been out.
That was because it got left on by accident once.  I think the newer
units have a method of recharging.  You could use nimh or nicd cells if
you use it a lot.  The constant cycling would be great for nicads.  If
you don't use it often, alkalines are great, and have a good shelf life.

Gary

ag0n at arrl dot net
http colon slash slash mcduffie dot ws