[TowerTalk] VERY simple 40m antenna help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] VERY simple 40m antenna help
From: northwestrf@hotmail.com (Northwest RF)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 16:25:37 +0000
Hello all,

First of all, I have absolutly no experience building antennas. I tried
making a dipole once, but it never really worked. I would like to put
something up for the CQ World Wide Contest coming up. I will only be able to
operate at night, so it will have to be a 40 meter antenna. Im looking for
some advice on what type of antenna would be very simple to build and put
up, that will be effective on my very small city lot. I know I probably wont
work all the long haul stuff, but if I can work most things that I can hear,
and work some stations from Japan, that would be great. I have a 20 foot
metal pole that I can put on a chimney mount, and can probably get my hands
on a tuner. I also have an SB-200 (120v)that will give me maybe 300w. Any
help would be great, as I will use it to learn, and possibly become more
confident in building my own antennas.

Thank You..

Herb, KJ6KS