[TowerTalk] VERY simple 40m antenna help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] VERY simple 40m antenna help
From: w5kp@swbell.net (Jerry Kincade)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:25:56 -0600
Take a look at the Carolina Windom from Radio Works in Virginia. I use one
(a 160) and it basically works as an upside down vertical with a radiating
coax feeder, and needs no radials (the horizontal support acts as a radial
for all bands). Works pretty well, too. My 1000D will load it no problem
from 160 to 10. At 100 watts, the worst reflected power I've seen has been
about 22 watts (on 17 meters). All other bands are 5-15 watts reflected
73, Jerry W5KP