[TowerTalk] N7VM Tower Project Report 11/15/2000 - PE Needed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] N7VM Tower Project Report 11/15/2000 - PE Needed
From: n7vm@lgcy.com (Bill Ralston)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:51:57 -0700
I heard back from the building inspector. Not suprisingly, they didn't even
want to look at the plans I provided without a cover letter from a PE.

I thought I had a local PE who was going to take care of it (he quoted me a
rate and estimated time, and I mailed him a set of plans over two weeks
ago). But, after several phone calls which he hasn't returned, it appears he
isn't interested in helping after all. (Perhaps his recent firing by his
employer has something to do with this).

So, I need a PE to look at what I am planning to do.  Specifically, the
building department has requested a cover letter from a registered PE that
states the proposed structure has been reviewed and found adequate for the
planned loads.  Registration in Utah is not necessary - any state will be
fine.

In brief, what I am planning is 100 feet of Rohn 55 with pier pin and 80%
two level guying. XM240 5' above top of tower on 2" mast, C31XR's at 90' and
55' on ring rotors.  Salt Lake County is 75 mph wind zone.

I can provide the following materials for review:
- Plans showing tower base / guy placement
- Elevation detail showing antenna placement
- Details on antennas, mounts, feedlines showing weight, wind area, etc.
- Manufacturer's spec sheets on above

Any PE's out there interested?

-- Bill
Bill Ralston N7VM