[TowerTalk] Laying out antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Laying out antennas
From: hankarn@pacbell.net (Dan Arney)
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 18:47:46 -0800
What I really want to see is the antenna that is so sharp that it has to
be aimed within 1 or 2 degrees in HF usage "VHF/UHF/SHF SERVICE OK." it
will still take a lot of fine tweaking to make it work at Ghz.
HF why get the ulcer point it from 8 land towards EU and cover it all.
In HF 8 of the cardinal points will in most cases cover the WORLD.
Other than that you can get your 40X glass out and pick the fly ---- out
of the black pepper.
Look at the street/road/highway/section lines for North/South
orientation in most cases for HF that will suffice.

You can pop for a Bruntons surveyors compass for about $200. plus and
read the instructions about 10 times to understand what it will show
you.
By the time you do all of this we will be in the next Sun Cycle.

Hank
KN6DI

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----