[TowerTalk] Ham IV rotor control box

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham IV rotor control box
From: ww5l@gte.net (Tom Anderson)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 18:38:20 -0600
Dan:

My Ham IV manual, circa 1987, shows the following between terminals when
checking
from the ground:

per table 2 on page 20

To Check              resistance            between terminals
Brake Solenoid      .75 ohms+leads          1-2
1/2 motor winding    2.5 ohms+leads        1-8
1/2 motor winding    2.5 ohms+leads        1-4
1/2motor+switch      2.5 ohms+leads        1-6
Entire Motor            5 ohms + leads        8-4
Right Limit Switch    0 ohms +leads        8-5
left limit switch        0 ohms + leads        4-6
entire pot switch      500 ohms                3-7
pot arm to + end      0 to 500 ohms        3-1
pot arm to - end        0 to 500 ohms        1-7

Also:
1. With unit plugged in, terminals 1&2 should show 30 volts AC when the brake
lever is pressed.
2. Terminals 1&5 should show 30 volts AC with brake release lever depressed and
CW lever depressed.
3. terminals 1 & 6 should show 30 volts AC with brake release lever depressed
and
CCW lever depressed.
4. Terminals 3 & 7 should show approximately 13 volts

"Resistances with unit NOT plugged in:"  page 20 of manual:

terminals 1&2 reads .4 ohms (same as David's reading)
should be same value across terminals 1 through 5 with clockwise switch lever
(right hand) depressed and across terminals 1 through 6 with counterclockwise
(left) depressed.

Resistance across the input line cord with on/off switch in the on position and
brake lever depressed should read 3.8 ohms.

all of this per page 19-20 of manual.  My rotor has a serial number of 87023.

Hope this helps.

Tom, WW5L

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----