[TowerTalk] Best wire (Was: Who makes Flexweave wire)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Best wire (Was: Who makes Flexweave wire)
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:47:17 -0500
I had a problem with flexweave, too, on my 80m slopers. The
strands abraded each other as it swayed it the breeze, rubbing off
enough copper to expose the steel core. This rusted and eventually
broke. Average lifespan for me 2 years.
I went back to good old solid copperweld. Harder to work with, but
will last a lifetime.
Barry W2UP