[TowerTalk] Best wire

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Best wire
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 19:59:31 -0500
"> Just don't kink it!"

Or accidentally let one end of it twang loose up in a tree. When I left the
house in NY that I had lived in for 13 years, one big oak at the edge of the
property still had a tangle of copperweld up in it, including the remnant of
an attached nylon rope, from the first antenna I tried to put up when I
moved there.

Too far out the limbs to get at, and too far down a steep bank to get a
cherry picker under it. The rope, while it lasted, would support two men
hanging on it, rather than coming loose. It will probably outlast the house
unless the tree comes down.