Fw:[TowerTalk] Cable Loss Comparison (Was 9913 reliability)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw:[TowerTalk] Cable Loss Comparison (Was 9913 reliability)
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:57:00 -0800
I agree heartily with drip loops.  I also add a drip string.  Just tie a
string, preferably the size of binders twine, on the feedlin etc with about
7 inches hand down, make sure that the part around the coax is large enough
to make a 'dam' so that the water wants to follow the string away from the
feedline.  Then when those little suckers of water find the end of the
dangling string, they have to plument to earth rather than 'gress into the
coad, shack, control switch etc.

Loop and Drip!!

Chris opr VE7HCB