[TowerTalk] Low Loss Coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Low Loss Coax
From: jperalta@tampabay.rr.com (Julio)
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 18:41:04 -0500
I just re-installed my 89' crank-up tower after being off the air for about
6 years. I would like to ask the group what should I consider for low loss
coax. Taking into consideration the problems with raising and lowering the
tower and of course the rotor loop.

My plan is to install 2 HF antennas and 3 V-UHF antennas on the tower.
Unfortunately  the tower had to be installed 250 feet from the radio room so
I'm very concerned with loss due to long coax runs, especially on the higher
bands.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks & 73's Julio, WB4OOJ