[TowerTalk] To Bury or Not to Bury

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] To Bury or Not to Bury
From: k1my@msn.com (Bruce Makas)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:30:02 -0700
My principle QTH is a rural area and there is no need for me to bury the
feed lines and control lines for aesthetic reasons, but is there another
reason? I have several one hundred foot runs and I was thinking, why not
just leave them on top of the ground? If there is a concern about animals
eating the cables (?) I can just have a run of PVC on top of the ground with
the cables inside.

Or is there a compelling reason to bury? RFI? Lightning protection?

Thanks in advance,

Bruce, K1MY

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----