[TowerTalk] First Hop Skip Distance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] First Hop Skip Distance
From: nat@ajheatwole.com (Nat Heatwole)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:37:09 -0500
Forgive my ignorance on this topic, but I'm wondering if there is a good
way to determine exactly how far away the "first hop" is from a given
QTH. Is there a constant number that's often used as the first hop
distance or is the distance a factor of several different things, like
frequency, take off angle, polirization, or antenna height for example?
What about the hops after the first, is there any way to tell exactly
how far away they are? Any input is much appreciated.

73, Nat, WZ3AR/4
Greensboro, NC
<nat@ajheatwole.com>

Order online at http://store.eham.net.