[TowerTalk] Antenna Heights and EZNEC

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Heights and EZNEC
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 09:58:59 -0500
At 09:25 AM 2/3/02 -0500, Tom Rauch wrote:
>So instead, we assume can use a model and get accurate results
>100% of the time that apply to the same situation?
>
>Or am I missing something?

I think you are.  The US Government spent a lot of money doing tests to
verify that NEC-2 and 4 represented good approximations of the real world.
The situations in which this approximation breaks down are  mostly pretty
well understood and documented (intersecting conductors of greatly
different diameters, etc.).

I am fully prepared to believe that your 160m case (you believe the effects
of ground are not accurately modeled, right?) is an additional such
instance.  But in the vast majority of cases, I think it's been proven that
the models can indeed be trusted.

73, Pete N4ZR

Sometimes a tower is
just a tower