[TowerTalk] Antenna Heights and EZNEC

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Heights and EZNEC
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 20:14:30 -0500
N4AF has his antennas in the middle of a BIG, FLAT, slightly soggy
meadow, water table no lower than maybe 5 feet, about 30 feet MSL, to
north through east sloping very gradually to Pamlico Sound, about a
mile away. No hills, no mountains, no nuthin, except trees harvested
every 15 years or so.

Think the nulls on a horizontal pattern out there are completely
predictable.

Further, one CAN model close clutter like buildings using TA. Enough
to see if height really helps much or is just wasted dough producing
the same result.

The thing about modeling is that AT LEAST it gives us some input about
things that are otherwise plain old guesswork.

This is a free country. Anybody who wants can spend their money based
on their personal hunches. Far be it from me to discourage it.

But a lot of these folks posting are suspicious of hunches and want
something to sift through possible consequences. Debunk modeling all
you want, but what is offered in its place?