[TowerTalk] Any substitute for that Polyphaser clamp Goo?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Any substitute for that Polyphaser clamp Goo?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:14:34 EST
In a message dated 2/13/02 9:05:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
res0958z@verizon.net writes:

> I thought I'd read here in the reflector that there is a compound similar to
>  Penetrox, NoAlox, but made to be used in the ground rod clamps Polyphaser
>  sells....the ones that sandwich the ground rod and allow the 1.5" copper
>  strap to be connected. This Goo stuff apparently is made up with copper
>  particles and not aluminum like the Penetrox and NoAlox compounds. Is
>  Polyphaser the only company that sells the material? Seems like I'd read
>  that a copper based silicone material was available at the Home Depots or
>  Lowe's, etc. Anyone know?

    As far as anti-oxidants, just read the label - it'll tell you what
materials are suitable for use; i.e. aluminum, copper, aluminum AND copper,
etc. It doesn't really matter what the material of the particulates is -
they're held in suspension and NOT subject to oxidation since the vehicle
material keeps the oxygen out.

    So as long as the anti-oxidant says 'copper' - you can use any of them
that you want or have. There is no appreciable difference in their
performance - they're just different recipes.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech

Order online at http://store.eham.net.