[TowerTalk] SOMMER XP707 dead!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SOMMER XP707 dead!
From: ct4nh@mail.telepac.pt (Luis Sutil Teixeira)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 21:15:46 -0000
Hi!

Getting lots of trouble with my brand new SOMMER XP707.
- Its up at 25 meters alone no stacking with other beams
- Running maximum 600 watts into the antenna , no more
- When transmitting I've noticed several 'cuts' - SWR suddenly jumping
and reception almost zero - and after back to normal...
- After several 'cuts' the situation got worst and SWR rised to 1:5.0,
not changing since then...
- Changed coax cable from the shack to the balun - no changes...
- I've not changed the balun because I dont have another one.
- E-mailed to SOMMER antennas about this problem..but very scarce
information  :-(((

Can I install one balun made of coax cable to replace the existing one?
If so, what cable to use, how many turns and diameter?
Does someone had this kind of problem with Sommer antennas, or similar,
and what was the solution?
Other sugestions?

Would be very grateful for your precious help...

Best 73 de CT1EGW, Arlindo
ct1egw@clix.pt

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----