[TowerTalk] Vertical and ground-radial question?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical and ground-radial question?
From: SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 22:37:59 -0500
Eddie:

     Gopher it!  Put the chicken wire in and bond it together.  If you can
find something other than aluminum screen, you can solder the joints every
few feet (doesn't have to be a continuous connection.)  If you have to use
aluminum, I think you might be able to connect the overlapping sections
together by using two stainless steel fender washers, and a stainless steel
bolt and nut at each joint.   Squirt NoAlox or other similar compound
between the washers before you tighten down on the nut.

     I recently read an article by W5UDV and NZ5A about using this kind of
ground screen for a 30M phased array in QST of June 1994.  (I have a lot of
catch-up reading to do.)  BTW - this is the same issue that has N4KG's
article on loaded-tower, elevated-feed ground-plane antenna for lowbands.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F
P.S.  Wish MY wife would tell me to improve my antenna like that!