Fwd: Re: [Towertalk] Template for CDE Rotator Needed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Fwd: Re: [Towertalk] Template for CDE Rotator Needed
From: rhodes@evertek.net (Jim Rhodes)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:09:01 -0600
Well, here's my alternative. I use studs in the rotor case with a jam nut
tightened up against the case. I don't run the cable out the side, so I
don't need to use any extra space. But the rotator is easier to install. No
standing on your head on the tower to see if you have the holes lined up.
Just drop the studs through the holes in the rotator plate & put the locks
& nuts on. I suppose I could locktight the studs in and do away with the
jam nuts, but this has worked so well over the years that I see no need to
change.