[Towertalk] CRANK UP TOWERS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] CRANK UP TOWERS
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 23:37:17 EST
In a message dated 3/14/02 9:14:13 AM Pacific Standard Time,
k4oj@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> Too many horror stories of lost fingers and toes for me - have you ever been
>  on one of those when it decided to shift just a little and settle in...

    Yes and no. The older, no-positive-pulldown types could (and did) hang up
when being lowered so anyone climbing them was sticking their limbs into a
guillotine. There were a couple of true, first person stories of this kind of
crank-up injury reported here on TT a couple of years ago.

>  I have - a sure way to add skid marks to ones shorts!

    I've been meaning to talk to you about that.....

Cheers, Steve     K7LXC
Tower Tech