[Towertalk] CRANK UP TOWERS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] CRANK UP TOWERS
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 10:42:21 EST
In a message dated 3/15/02 5:45:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
w7ni@easystreet.com writes:

> I've seen several original Tristao crank-ups    that were
>  installed
>  > by Lou himself with the original cables and they're in fine shape
>  considering
>  > their age.
>
>  Well, it appears the perhaps Tristao and TriEx had some differing ideas on
>  that subject . . . since TriEx offered several ways to relieve cable
tension
>  on a cranked up tower.  I am not sure about Tristao.  I guess I will have
>  search my archives and see if I have some old Tristao catalogs somehwere .
.

    Actually all of the crank-ups that came out of the central valley in
California were designed by Lou Tristao, KG6VY, SK. The old Tristao company
became Tri-Ex (Tristao Expanding Towers) and US Towers was started by Lou as
well. He must've incorporated some design refinements as he went along.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC