[Towertalk] Force 12 antennas and tower relay grounding

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Force 12 antennas and tower relay grounding
From: ozling@mail.dk (Henrik Weiss)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 20:24:29 +0100
I am about to put up an Ameritron RCS - 8V remote 5 position coax relay
switch on the tower. I will put up Force 12 antennas in the coming weeks and
would like to know :

Shall I ground the unused antenna relays or let them flow isolated and does
it matter in terms of antenna radiation pattern. I guess grounding is safest
in terms of lightning !! but I may ground part of the antenna which may not
be good.

The antennas are the 5BA which incorporates 3 seperate feedlines on the same
boom for the higher bands and the 2 element 40 and 30 meter interlaced yagi
with two feedlines on the same boom.

Thanks in advance,

Henrik
OZ1ING