[Towertalk] TR44 rotor slips. or Bearing replacement in aAR40

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] TR44 rotor slips. or Bearing replacement in aAR40
From: sm2cew@telia.com (Peter Sundberg)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:05:52 +0000
Dan,

I used an AR-rotor (think it is an AR22) for years, turning my 6 x 16el EME
array..! The yagis had 30' booms. Of course, it drifted a bit in very
strong winds but I never had a problem with it. The rotor was mounted
inside the tower, about 5 feet below the thrust bearing. Of course, the
indicator was not good enough for an EME array so I used a chain driven
selsyn for 'precise' readout.

My AR-rotor is still going strong after 30 years but is now doing different
service rotating a 10 mtr monobander + VHF stack on another tower.

The EME array has been upgraded to longer booms and more elements and I now
use a worm drive and a 3-phase motor to  turn it.

Good luck.

73/Peter SM2CEW
www.qsl.net/sm2cew