[Towertalk] 40 meter beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 40 meter beam
From: k1my@msn.com (Bruce Makas)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 10:42:54 -0800
I am putting up a 100 foot Rohn 45 with a single 40 meter beam on top. What
do you recommend for an antenna?

I have been looking at M2 40M4L 4 element and the Force 12 MAG340N 3
element.

I am primarilly a DXer but also play in contests. Reliability is as
important to me as is performance. Once up I don't want it to break. The QTH
is in the mountains at 7000 foot elevation.

I also believe it is the consensus of the reflector that the Orion
OR2800P-DC is the rotor of choice. Is this correct? Reliability is the most
important consideration for me.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce K1MY