[Towertalk] near tradedy Redux

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] near tradedy Redux
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:51:44 -0600
On Mon, 01 Apr 2002 14:57:11 -0700 Peter Larsen <ve6yc@shaw.ca> writes:

> Going around/over guy wires is probably the most dangerous
> part of your climb. You should look into some device that will allow
> you to clip into the tower above the guywire (or obstruction) before
> you unbelt from the tower. I have a "seat belt" style lanyard with
> a carabineer (sp?) on the side of my belt for this.

N4KG:  My solution to going around antennas / guy wires
        is to have TWO lanyards so that I  ALWAYS have
        a line around the tower.  I use a single 10 ft 1/2 inch
        nylon rope folded and looped around one D ring
        with 5000 lb rated clips on each end.  The loop
        can be adjusted so that I have one shorter and
        one longer lanyard where the shorter end holds
        me close to the tower and the longer end is
        the primary climbing lanyard.   Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.