[Towertalk] Guys for vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Guys for vertical
From: wc4h@itis.net (Carl - WC4H)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:44:04 -0400
A 33 ft vertical doesn't require guy's if it's fairly well made.  Most
commercial ones don't need it.

Once they get to the 45 ft height most use guys.

If you want to guy yours I would use 1000 - 2000 lb nylon rope.  You can get
it almost anywhere, it's fairly thin,  and a vertical doesn't need much to
hold it.

73
Carl