[Towertalk] Guys for vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Guys for vertical
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:20:53 EDT
In a message dated 4/11/02 12:52:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time, BobK8IA@aol.com
writes:

> I figure it should be some non-conductive material, but would like to
>  know the pros and cons of the various choices.

    There aren't many choices. Everything except the aforementioned UV
resistant rope (it's dacron BTW) WILL break down in sunlight. How long it
takes before failure depends on how much UV you get. Longer service life in
northern states, much less in the Sunbelt.

>  Also, what would be a good choice in guy anchors to use with this?

    I'd just pound some 1" or so pipe into the ground.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH