[Towertalk] grounding LM354 crankup tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] grounding LM354 crankup tower
From: n1nk@cox.net (n1nk)
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 06:38:44 -0400
I have my lm354 up with force12 c3e on top.  after being a ham since 1959 it
is nice to have a real antenna system.  Next project is a ground system.

first thought was to clamp the ground wire to the tower legs but with the
tower fully lowered, the second section drops below the ears that tie the
tower to the base.  hence there is no tubular section below the bottom of
the second section.

given this, now its time for plan b.  would appreciate suggestions.  ideas
that I have are to clamp the ground wire to the tubular brace at the bottom
or to clamp it to the base bolts using large washers.  any better
suggestion?

jim
N1NK