[Towertalk] Why capacity hats on 40-2CD

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Why capacity hats on 40-2CD
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 07:26:12 -0400
The subject line almost says it all.  This question originated because a
friend and I were speculating about replacing the linear loading on a Force
12 EF-240S with lumped inductance, placed at the same point in the elements
where the linear loading is now connected.  I described it as a scaled-down
40-2CD, and then wondered why Cushcraft put the little capacity hats on the
outer end of its loading inductors.  To shorten the elements a
little?  Change the current distribution?

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at
www.pvrc.org