[Towertalk] Mixing EHS and Phillystran + specs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Mixing EHS and Phillystran + specs
From: Sylvan Katz <jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca> (Sylvan Katz)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:32:47 -0600
Steve

Thanks for the response.

>     Is the C31 on top of the tower and the above the guys? What does the
swr
> do when you key the xmtr and rotate the antenna? If it changes, then the
> culprit is typically the guys.

Yes - the C31 is about 1.5 ft above the top of the tower. The guys, four of
them, are attached directly to the metal plate at the top of the tower. I
have an insulator in each guy about 14 ft from the top of the tower. The
problem I am experiencing is not being able to get the SWR on 20 and 15 down
within spec. I have exchanged a number of emails with Natan at F-12 and he
figures the problem is related to the fact that the 14 ft guys sections
electrically connected to each other via the tower plate (about 1.5 ft
across) is detuning the C31 and causing the swr problems. Oh and I do not
see any swr change as I rotate the antenna.

Any advice before I endeavor to make a change is really appreciated.

.. sylvan

Ô¿Ô¬
Sylvan Katz, VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK
"A Novel Perspective of Amateur Radio Contesting" at
http://www.dynamicforesight.com/~ve5zx