[Towertalk] Mixing EHS and Phillystran + specs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Mixing EHS and Phillystran + specs
From: Sylvan Katz <jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca> (Sylvan Katz)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 17:45:21 -0600
Tom, you are absolutely right to ask the questions "why did I ..".
Answer --- I did not think the design all the way through, too many cooks
and not enough bottle washers, and a number of other crazy excuses :)  This
summer's task is to insert an insulator right at the tower for each guy --
well okay in fact it will be about 1.5 feet from the top plate. I would sure
like to use Phillystrand. I have added up the cost and compared to using
some high tension power line cermaic insulators that I have the cost looks
pretty high. So in each of the top guys there will be an insulator about 1.5
from the tower another one about 12-13 ft from the top insulator. Fingers
crossed it should do the job. Thanks to everyone who made a suggestion -- I
put them all in the design pot stir them around and try to find an optimum
solution suited to my needs.

.. sylvan

Ô¿Ô¬
Sylvan Katz, VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK
"A Novel Perspective of Amateur Radio Contesting" at
http://www.dynamicforesight.com/~ve5zx