[Towertalk] Cable purchase source info requested

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Cable purchase source info requested
From: Jim White" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 23:21:33 -0400
If you can make the underground run of the conduit such that the low spot is
at each end of the run - and it is at the hgihest altitude in the middle any
large amounts of conensation will tend to move to the ends which are close
to the extit AND venting of the run...making an even trench then
over-digging it at each end tapering down (actually up) in the center will
create a "sad face" bend in the conduit...uou may wish to exagerate this
more than is necessary just to know you have it right - the increased amount
of cable length is miniscule and having your water settle near the open
endsthe best way to make sure it returns to the atmosphere...I assume you
are using sweep bends or something similar at the ends with some sort of
protection to prevent ingress of water into the conduit....

If you puncture the PVC not only will you let water out but more so let it
in!