[Towertalk] Feeding RG-8 Through Walls

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Feeding RG-8 Through Walls
From: wa2bpe@infoblvd.net (WA2BPE)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:23:09 -0400
Critters also don't like fiberglass.  Steel wool works well, but go for the
stainless variety or you will soon have a rusty mess which may permanently stain
siding/paint.  Be sure to recess it a bit (1/2") to minimize water wicking.
Stainless steel, bronze, and aluminum wool are available from McMaster-Carr -
p.2355 of cat #106.

I prefer, BTW to use plain plumbing PVC drainline with a 45° street el or a 90°
sweep (modiy by cutting off one female end).  The size of PVC to use is defined
by
your needs but for RG8, 1.5" is about minimum and will handle 2-4 runs.  Also,
the
electrical fittings noted below are called "conduit outlet bodies" and are
available in various configurations in metal and PVC.

73,

Tom - WA2BPE