[Towertalk] CHEAP! and Effective Coax Sealant

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] CHEAP! and Effective Coax Sealant
From: KZ5X@mail.ev1.net (KZ5X)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 21:50:40 -0500
Very similar to the commercially available coax
sealants, but one-tenth the price, is a product
readily available through metal roofing suppliers
and others.  It is called by a variety of names but
is an "extruded butyl tape sealant".  It is a
greyish colour instead of black and I suspect they
are actually the same material.  It commonly comes
in rolls of 25-50 feet and widths of 1/2 and 1".
Cost of such a roll is under $5.  I have used it
side-by-side with Coax Seal and it performs the
same -- maybe just a tad stickier, otherwise same
properties, and very easy to work with and durable.
Also a great multi-purpose but removable caulk, too.

Dan Collins
KZ5X

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net