[Towertalk] Newbie help with coax routing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Newbie help with coax routing
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 01:37:56 -0400
At 09:56 PM 5/6/02 -0400, Zac Smith wrote:
>check with either andrew or cell-xion

Those folks will inflict serious financial pain.  I went down to my local
highway department maintenance yard and begged a road sign with a bullet
hole (or something) in it.  Cut a piece to fit in a wooden frame that my
window clamps down on.  Drilled the aluminum (quite soft) for bulkhead
connectors for coax and Jones jacks for rotator cables.  Attached my
station ground to the plate and voila -- a disconnect panel and entry panel
in one.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at