[Towertalk] Klez

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Klez
From: ag0n@arrl.net (ag0n@arrl.net)
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 15:15:17 -0600
On Tue, 07 May 2002 16:08:05 +0000, jsschuster wrote:

> I just got hit for the second time with W32.klez.gen@mm...at least
> that's what my Norton Antivirus calls it. When I started downloading
> email, I got the Norton alert, went thru the recommended steps to clear
> it,

What does "hit" mean?  What does "clear" mean?  Did you infect yourself by
opening it?  If so, you'll have to follow the steps on one of the anti-virus
sites to clean your system up.  If you haven't been infected, just delete it
without launching the infected file.  You don't need to do anything else.
Scan your system if you're in doubt.

Just because you receive the klez virus/worm, doesn't mean you are infected.
I receive 2-3 of them a day (except for the last couple of days for some
reason).  DON'T OPEN THE ATTACHMENT, JUST DELETE IT.

Gary

a g 0 n at a r r l dot n e t
http colon slash slash mcduffie dot ws