[Towertalk] swinging gate and mounts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] swinging gate and mounts
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 12:02:04 EDT
In a message dated 5/13/02 8:26:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time, k1my@msn.com
writes:

> I want to side mount on Rohn 45 in a fixed position a KLM KT36XA. Any
>  recommendadtions as to what/whose hardware to use?

    Just get an aluminum plate big enough to bolt to the legs and bolt the
tower to it. W7NI has the Rohn leg U-bolts. Unless it's a real small antenna,
DO NOT clamp the antenna directly to one leg.

>  Also I want to side mount on Rohn 45 and rotate another KT36XA. Again what
>  do you recommend?

    The W7NI one is pretty good. His company is Antronics but I don't have
his url off-hand. He's in cahoots with K7PN at Custom Metalworks who has a
website too.

    You can fabricate one yourself if you're slightly ambitious - it's just
some angle iron, pipes, and fasteners.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH