[Towertalk] Swinging Gates

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Swinging Gates
From: w9re@worldnet.att.net (Mike Wetzel)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 21:32:55 -0500
Chuck,

That's the beauty of using T2X rotators on swing arms-you can't hurt
anything by turning them into a tower leg (not enough torque)!  Now it's a
different story if you are using a prop pitch.

Also the Ham-m series is a little light on the braking.  I had a Ham-m on a
10 meter beam (32' boom) and above 55 MPH winds would shear the brake wedge
but I haven't had any trouble with T2X's on even a 15 meter beam (42' boom).

I don't think you can move the limit switches in them, best you can do is
match up one of the stops (limits) with your limit.

Mike W9RE