[Towertalk] Dayton declining...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Dayton declining...
From: brewerj@squared.com (brewerj@squared.com)
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 13:11:45 -0400
Henry spoke forth:

>That's because we've done a lousy marketing job exposing people to the fun
>part of our hobby and everyone still thinks we sit around with tubes, morese
>keys and klunky carbon headphones.   see my earlierier posts on getting
>people into the hobby.

     Hey! I resemble that remark! Actually, operation with old tube
     gear is one of the "growth" areas of Ham Radio.  Almost all my
     operation for the past 12 years has been tube based stuff I've
     either built myself or restored. My "modern" transceiver
     serves as a dandy frequency counter/signal generator though!

     73
     John wb5oau/4

     PS: I think that's carbon microphones, not headphones!!