[Towertalk] Ham friendly CC&Rs?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Ham friendly CC&Rs?
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 00:11:04 -0400
> I have indeed mis-spoken - the 200 foot requirement is the only thing
> alluded to in FCC docs regarding your license (or at least used to
> be)....other than that it has been no questions asked....

Hams often tell me I'm not "allowed" to have a 300-foot without FCC
permission, and even claim I should "ask FCC permission" every time I
install a new amateur antenna on my registered structure, or some
other registered structure!

The  FCC only cares if the FAA approved the tower (assuming it needs
approved), if the tower conforms to the FAA-approved marking and
lighting (if needed), and if the registration number and the slip of
paper the FCC issues is properly posted.73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com