[Towertalk] Belden 9913F7

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Belden 9913F7
From: RushJohnson@carolina.rr.com (Rush Johnson)
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:59:24 -0400
With the recent posts about water migration problems on the air-dielectric
9913 and 9913-type cables on the market, I thought many may be interested in
Belden's latest cable in this "low-loss" category.   This latest cable has
been on the market for about 2 years now and is designated by the part
number 9913F7 and was designed in response to issues like those brought up
on TowerTalk.  You can find the complete specifications at www.belden.com
and then search on 9913F7.

Without duplicating the technical specs on their site, the performance is in
the same class as the original 9913 -- however, the air dielectric has been
replaced with a nitrogen-injected foam dielectric and the jacket upgraded to
a non-contaminating Belflex jacket.  Dual shielded with braid and foil.  So,
for those concerned about water migration at the connector or through jacket
perforations -- this cable seems to be a very good direction to go.

I am currently using the coax on a variety of antennas from 160m to
440mhz -- and jumpers around the shack.  Very, very pleased so far.  Easy to
work with -- connectors fit well, etc.

I have started selling this cable at hamfests and via mail order as a side
business and generally price the cable at below standard dealer pricing.
For those interested -- you can contact me at radio@carolina.rr.com and I
will be happy to price it out for you.

73,
Rush -- W4QA