[Towertalk] AB105 Jr.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] AB105 Jr.
From: ke3q@msn.com (RICHARD BOYD)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 21:42:58 -0400
Trusting my recollection, this is called, or I have heard it called, "Try=
lon 1238."  The 16" face type is called "Trylon 1678" and is what is used=
 at W3LPL for the 160M four-square, at least the part of it that is tower=
, not wire, and I believe is also used at K3LR for some towers, like 15M =
maybe.  The 12" stuff doesn't seem to be around in as much quantity, I gu=
ess because the contesters and other big tower boys went after the bigger=
 stuff.  As I recall from taking down a 40' one a few years ago, there ar=
en't any splice plates ala AB-105 but one end of each leg is swaged down,=
 or whatever the right term would be, so it fits together with the leg ab=
ove or below it.  Bolts go through the two where they overlap.  I could g=
o out and look at the bit of it I have in the weeds or a shed somewhere a=
nd see.  73 - Rich, KE3Q