[Towertalk] WX0B Six-Pack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] WX0B Six-Pack
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 07:39:25 EDT
In a message dated 6/19/02 4:22:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bob@cytanet.com.cy writes:

>  My current arrangement has the relay springs adjusted to provide good
wiping
>  on the N.O. contacts (I hope!) and I have 16.5V across activated coils to
>  overcome the spring tension.  There is the risk that after prolonged use I
>  may burn out a relay coil but I'll have to deal with that if and when.

I saw somewhere (G3? or Rich Measures page?) circuit for power supply
arrangement, where the relays get higher voltage "shock" when first turned
on, then voltage drops to nominal for holding the relay closed. This would
allow enough tension to wipe on NO and have enough pull to close the contacts
for C and enough voltage to hold without danger of burning our the coils.
But.... that should not be needed with "normal" relays. (Could be bad batch
of mislabeled relays?)
Assuming that the problem is not with dirty contacts.

Yuri