[Top] [All Lists]

[Towertalk] Turnbuckles

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Turnbuckles
From: (
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 16:48:05 -0700
doubt it, however , try your nearest greybar (preferred), ww grainger, or
electrical supply house, and ask about  "preforms",
" messenger" (read guy cable), they also have what are called "strand vises"
these , you apply with a grip, and chain, or cable hoist, until tight, then
1)with a strand vise, push the messenger thru the strand vise (this only
goes one way- in, NOT OUT!  or, similarly, with a PREFORM (kinds like a
chinese finger trap, or also comes in half turn on both ends, ) wrap around
messenger with one side, then wrap , interleaveing with the other side.
(wraps leave room open for the width of the second layer, makeing a tight
fit.  as info, jim nn7k
P.S.  both outfits should also carry "Patent anchors", 8 foot guy rods, with
a anchor plate, shipped about a foot highby foot around- to use, install in
a 6 foot deep hole, then use a tamp bar otr 2x4 to hit the top of this,
which will expand, and flatten the anchor to about 18-23 inchs in diameter.
these what phone, and power co use to provide their anchors (guys) for their
poles, ect.

----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: <>
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 3:37 PM
Subject: [Towertalk] Turnbuckles

> Is there a such thing as Rohn turnbuckles or are they imported like most
> them that are sold at some of the major radio outlets? 73
> --- StripMime Report -- processed MIME parts ---
> multipart/alternative
>   text/plain (text body -- kept)
>   text/html
> ---
> _______________________________________________
> Towertalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>