[Towertalk] cadweld suggestions needed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] cadweld suggestions needed
From: kb9cry@attbi.com (Phil - KB9CRY)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 21:47:06 -0500
I just recently used a bunch of CadWeld One Shots on my ground system a
couple of weekends ago.  When it came to firing the charge, of course, I
couldn't find my flint igniter.  So in desperation, I tried my portable
propane torch.  Worked like a champ!
It did have a tendency to blow away some of the starter powder but all
charges flashed first time except one, which I then borrowed additional
welding material and starting powder from another box and voila!  In the
One Shots, the welding material pours out of the plastic container first
and the starting powder is trapped in the bottom of the container by the
little baffles or fins one finds at the bottom.  You have to roll and
bend the bottom of the plastic charge container to release it.  I used
up about 18 One Shots and all my ground rod connections on all three
towers and the single point ground and at the electrical service
connection are now permanently fused and trouble free.  Gd luck; it sure
beats having to tighten clamps a few times per year.  (I'm sure everyone
religiously does that!!!???)  Phil  KB9CRY