[Towertalk] double bazooka

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] double bazooka
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 08:08:24 -0600
I use the 450 ohm window ladderline mostly.

Incidently, a COAX fed 80M dipole will also work well on the
WARC bands since the center is a current maximum, or
nearly so, on 30, 17, and 12M where a dipole tuned to
3.6 MHz represents ~3/2 WL on 30M,  almost exactly
5/2 WL on 17M, and almost exactly 7/2 WL on 12M.

Another 80M dipole fed with several hundred feet of
3/4 inch CATV 75 Ohm Hardline presents an SWR
under 3:1 on 30M and under 2:1 on 17 and 12M.

Tom  N4KG