[Towertalk] Models and real world

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Models and real world
From: n2rd@arrl.net (Rajiv Dewan, N2RD)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 08:39:00 -0400
A simple explanation might be that the takeoff angle at which you
empirically measured was not close to 90 degrees.

The difference in gain between perfect ground and medium ground, predicted
by Eznec for 40m dipole 18 feet up, monotonically increases as with takeoff
angle.  The difference has a maxima of 3.08 db at 90 degrees and minima of 0
db at 0 degrees.  Intermediate values: 2.75db at 60deg, 1.97db at 30 deg and
1.3db at 10 degree takeoff.

Add to this, the potential prediction error, and the results may well be
indistinguishable.

Regards,
- -
Rajiv Dewan, N2RD
I regret that I no longer accept any mail from:
Yahoo.com, Hotmail.com and Excite.com
because of excessive spam mail that originates from
these sites.