[Towertalk] 40M Dipoles (Was: Need EZNEC model 402CD..)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 40M Dipoles (Was: Need EZNEC model 402CD..)
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:08:55 -0600
Note that Bill's model shows a simple (full size) 40M Dipole
at 1/2 WL (70 ft high) is 2.3 dB stronger than a 4 Square,
providing further support to the notion that a 40M rotary
dipole is a good, simple, and competitive antenna alternative.

A loaded dipole will come very close to a full size dipole in
gain with reduced SWR bandwidth.  Matching the BOOM of a
tribander or 20M beam is another good alternative for either 30M
or 40M, assuming the end elements are attached to the boom to
provide capacitive end loading.

Tom  N4KG