[Towertalk] ARRL insurance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] ARRL insurance
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 15:42:13 -0400
In a message dated Tue, 9 Jul 2002 1:12:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
k1my@msn.com writes:

> Does anyone have any experience with the ARRL Ham Radio Insurance Plan.
> According to their home page, they now cover antennas,
> rotators and towers.

As I recall, you have to declare the value of the towers, antennas, etc. and
then that's what you're paid if you have a claim.

N6IG/W6GO had a claim and it was paid but the values of everything made it
difficult to hire someone to work on it so you have to account for that too.

There are some comments on eham.net as I recall as well - some not very
complimentary.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC