[Towertalk] POR15 Rust Preventative Paint ??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] POR15 Rust Preventative Paint ??
From: weightdn@adelphia.net (Mike Rhodes)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 20:16:48 -0400
Was just cruising the archives and ran across a reference to POR15 as a
possible alternative to cold galvanizing a mast. Wondering if anyone on the
list has any experience with this stuff? My previous mast was spray painted
with cold galvanizing and by the time I got it into place it was badly
scratched and soon rusted. Wonder if this might be a little more scuff and
scratch resistant. If my math isn't too far off, it looks like 20 feet of 2
inch mast is about 10.5 square feet of surface area so a pint should do 3 or
4 typical masts. Anyone? Here is a link to their site.

http://www.por15.com/preventrustpaint.html

Tnx & 73 de
Mike / W8DN